Now who doesn’t love broccoli? This is one of the most kid friendly vegetables and it is delicious cooked or raw. Not only is it tasty but it is also high in vitamins C, B, and K, as well as iron. My favorite way to prepare it is with olive oil, garlic, lemon and red pepper flakes.
It is best stored in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Double Garlic Broccoli
This recipe is based on one of my husbands favorite dishes at a local Chinese restaurant.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 8 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 T soy sauce
- ½ cup whole cashews (raw or roasted)
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- Heat the vegetable oil in a walk over high heat.
- Add the garlic and chili flakes and let cook for 30 seconds then add the broccoli and toss together.
- Turn down the heat to medium-high and add the water, for 4-7 minutes until the broccoli has softened.
- Add the soy sauce, cashews and sesame oil.
- Serve as a side dish or as a main over brown rice.