These banana bread pancakes are a delicious start to your morning. Want to make these a little more fun and fancy? Stir in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, walnuts or chopped dates to the mix!
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 2T vegan protein powder (I like to add hemp or Vega)
- 1t cinnamon
- 2T baking powder
- 1t baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1+1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1t vanilla
- 1T canola oil
Agave Glazed Berries
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 3T agave nectar
Toss the berries with the agave and set aside.
Preheat a griddle.
2. In a small bowl blend the wet ingredients until mostly smooth; it is okay to have some small banana chunks.
3. In a large bowl whisk all of the dry ingredients together. Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in and stir together. At this point you can add a little more non-dairy milk if you like your pancakes thinner otherwise it’s time to cook.
4. Spray the preheated griddle with cooking spray and drop 1/4 cup of pancake batter on it. Cook 3-5 minutes on the first side and 1-2 minutes on the second side until light and fluffy.
5. Top your pancakes with the agave glazed fruit and enjoy!