Almond Butter Granola
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- 1/4 cup amaranth
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut or canola oil
- 1/4 cup organic almond butter
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey
Pre-heat oven to 250F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat a pot over med-high heat. Once hot, add in 2T of amaranth, cover with a lid and shake pot back and forth. The amaranth should start to pop almost immediately and be done in about 30 seconds.
- Empty into a large bowl. Repeat with remaining 2T of amaranth and place in the bowl.
- To the popped amaranth add the oats and coconut and toss together.
- In a small pot over low heat combine the coconut oil, almond butter, and sweeteners; heat until loose.
- Pour the almond butter mixture over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour on to the lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet. Store in an air tight container for up to 1 week.